If you're in the market for running shoes then look no further, I've done the hard work for you and narrowed it down to my top 5. Make no mistake, these shoes will hug your feet, love your knees and support your ankles. So without further ado, in no particular order, here goes:
1. Nike Air Presto: An oldie but a goodie. This is sneaker is generally expensive but thanks to the heavily discounted Indian ecomm ecosystem, you can find them almost half the price (~5k). The Air Presto is a trusty sneaker for many a runners the world over. The arch support on these is fabulous. The cushioning is plush and they're light as a feather. What more do need from a running shoe eh?
2. Skechers GOrun4: Don't be fooled by their bulky posterior, these shoes are surprising light. The GOrun series features a midfoot strike design that makes for super efficient running. The mesh upper makes the shoe extremely breathable and perfect for Indian weather conditions. Expect great flexibility from these joints. The fit is great, the shoe hugs your foot like a glove. The Skechers GOrun series has been extremely well received by serious runners the world over.
3. Asics GT-1000: When it comes to Asics, it's hard to pick just one shoe. They are all just amazing! But keeping all things in mind (read cost) I'll go with the GT-1000. A stability runner, this shoe is perfect for you overpronators. It fits like a glove, is extremely lightweight and the anti-moisture & anti-microbial sockliner makes it's BIG winner for the Indian foot. Among the less-expensive ones from Asics, the GT-1000 is an formidable runner.
4. New Balance Fresh Foam Zante v2: If light weight is what you're going for then look no further because the New Balance Zante v2 is just that. With the much loved Fresh Foam mid-sole this shoe boasts a one piece midsole that is extremely responsive. One of the most loved New Balances, this shoe is super flexible. I personally own the New Balance Gobi trail which is supposed to be a trail version of this shoe and it's AMAZING!
5. Mizuno Wave Rider 19: Mizuno is not a popular brand perse but is one of the most trusted running shoe makers out there. Their Wave tech has been a massive success and it works on lines of car suspension i.e. to move impact strain away from your foot. If you're a heel striker then these shoes are the No.1 pick for you. The materials on these are excellent and will last you a very long time. It's been used by professional runners across the world with little to no complaints.